Wednesday 31 May 2017

the build gets busy

There is still a lot of stuff to do and I can't make it...so I guess I have to finish the build on the way. Main things are ok, so I'll have the bike on board :).

KTM is running again, I had one more surprise there. The swingarm was eroded under the chain slider. Aluminium was gone and there was a hole and very thin area around the hole. I had the swingarm from the spare bike and now I had to use it.






Here is a twisted horizon from the late winter ride. An uncontrolled front flip that was.
A video clip can be found here : Front Flip


And for the record, here is an screen shot of the current road conditions in Iceland. So it is generally a no go in highlands, but I expect roads are open after couple of weeks.

The Mog has fresh oil in the engine. Old oil seemed pretty clear and I guess all fluids were changed just before Bundeswehr handed the Mog away. The plan is to change diff oils + hub oils too.

No comments:

Post a Comment