Thursday 8 June 2017

Doubts

While changing oil from the differential I found these fellows from the front diff.
These guys had about 10 identical friends in the magnetic drain plug. They look like ball bearing balls with 2mm diameter. I don't know if there is anything inside the diff casing that would have these kind of balls, so I'll just ignore these and carry on the plans. Rear diff had a bit muddy looking oil as well as the right rear hub, but otherwise oil was clear.

Mobicool is installed in it's place, maybe I'll put some vibration damping mat  under it. Also a gas bottle and a cooker are in their place. 6kg fire extinguisher is placed in the outside box and 2kg extinguisher on the bed box

Kjölur road is now opened, but it is a bit like a highway. Roads at north and west  of Vatnajökull are still closed.

While I had a test ride after diff oil change, a moose ran over the road with a spooky timing. If I would have driven at normal speed, it might had been a close call. Luckily there was another moose before this one and I slowed down and was going to reverse to see it more closely.


There was a nice moment in the evening that there was a clear view of the blue moon.

For the travel food I try to get US Military MRE boxes. However it might be too late to get them, because they come from Germany (bundeswher-us-shop). But I'm pretty sure they will be consumed anyway.
mreinfo

No comments:

Post a Comment