Monday 26 June 2017

Hirsthals

First day was about all driving, only two short stops and a lunch stop. I was at Vuosaari port at about 13:30, so it took about 9 hours since I started already at 04:30. When I was checking portals and diffs, I noticed that front right portal is leaking oil. I remembered that I had a bit over filled it, so it had pushed the extra oil out. I guess seals are not ok anymore, so I have check it frequently.

waiting at Vuosaari Port

Vuosaari from Finnlines


A bit mixed thoughts onboard the ship, I was thinking about the oil leak. I decided to park in Travemunde port and overnight there and check oil level in the morning.

Truck drivers have all meals included in the ticket so I spent some time eating. There was also the Baku F1 GP on TV, and it was a bit different kind of F1 race. Valtteri Bottas had crash after start and had to visit pit. He was left  one lap behind others after the pit stop. After many other crashes and debree cleaning on the track Bottas got the lap back begind the security car. After many other incidents Ricciardo won and Bottas was second.

In MotoGP Rossi got first victory after a long brake. It was his Assen win number 10, a 115th victory in total. Also his MotoGP wins span now over 20 years.

The boat was in Travemunde at 21:30 local time and I guess we got out at about 22:00. I tried to find a place to spend night at port parkings, but they are not free of charge and there is not too much room.

So I set Flensburg as a target in the GPS and started driving. It was getting dark and the original lights of the Mog are not very good. I decided to go into some service station parking along some Highway. GPS guided me through smaller roads to A7 and there I finally got myself in a service station, which had room in the parking lot.
first camp

In the morning I checked the oile level of the leaking portal hub and it was at top level. I tried to add oil, but is was draining out from the filling hole. So I guess I just continue the trip and check the hub every now and then. Before start I had a breakfast in the restaureng of the service station, just a big coffee and a small hambourger worth of 4€.

Then I drove to highway and continued non stop into Hirsthals. There I checked portals again and I guess it hak leaked a bit more, but there was so windy weather that I did not fill up, because there might  get sand and dust into the oil.

I tried to go to the camping close to Smyril Line boarding peer, but I guess it was closed. Then I  set Hirsthals camping to the GPS and drove there. The camping is at seaside and it was pretty windy. I took some photos from the shore, but photos don't show the size of the waves.


Here is a video from the dashcam, nothing special there.  Some clipses from the route home-dk. Some clips from the Finnmaid cargo corner :)


No comments:

Post a Comment