Sunday 18 June 2017

Packing up

Start will be next saturday. Tho roads are getting open in Iceland, Laki is open, Askja and Kverkfjöll are open as well as Landmannalaugar.




I guess Thorsmörk is open, but the track in north to Katla is still closed, Langsjö is not open and the Lake area Veidivötn is closed. Sprengisandur is also still closed.

I took couple of pictures from the cabin. Here is the laptop with Garmin GPS V and the old Gopro 2 on the dash. Bose headphones with active noise cancellation to listen some music.

Here is the inverter under the dash and the laptop support. A pair of good old Nokia rubber boots in case of wet places...

On the Bed there is a lot of stuff now and there will be some more... I set a white light tarp to make inside a bit less dark.



Tank is filled up with 160l and 2x20l jerrys as spare fuel. Some fuel for the bike too.

One problem, when driving dusty roads the dust gets inside. I guess there is a bit like vacuum insode and the dust gets in through small holes and so on. I had a idea to have a 2" tube in front of the bed to have some air inside so there could be a little overpressure so the dust would not enter. Don't know if it works, but if I'll find some flexible tube I will try it on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment