Saturday 1 July 2017

Highlands

Ok, here I am, in Iceland I mean. First highland corner is done. Dust gets under the tarpaulin and I have do cleaning after every day in dusty tracks.

Some photos of the vehicles waiting Norröna. The first photo was a CZ nationality and the cabin was self made. They had traveled through Asia and another trip through south America. They had shipped the car with Grimaldi. The lady was interested if there is room for another person, so I had to show her that the place is reserved for the bike ;)









And during the sail some moments.
sailboat close to Shetland Islands

Torshavn in Faroes

Poor guys sailbot parked there


Exiting Faroes

Entering Iceland

Seydisfjördur

In customs they took Moggi in for inspections. Couple of tight questions if I have something to toll and then we were talking about highland attractions :). I got some tips of the film Oblivion(Tom Cruise, SciFi) filming location in Veidivatn(the lake area ). I guess I have to check it out, if I'll find it.


Here is some photos from the highlands
Hengisfoss , lower


gorge under the big dam

snäfjell

Some drone footage from Herdubreid camping, but it has to wait till I'll be back home. 4k footage is impossible to upload.
herdubreid

Moggi and Herdubreid

Dettifoss

Dettifoss

Dettifoss

Dettifoss

I planned to hike the Herdubreid top, but it was covered snow and ice, so I decided to continue. Askja range was also convered with snow, so hiking the crater edges might b tricky. Now I'm in Asbyrgi and planned to fly drone here, but now there is showers of water every now and then so I'll check again in the morning.

Phones internet is not working, but mobile internet device got the net running. It should be free now up to the similar data amount as in home, but well see about that..

No comments:

Post a Comment