Tuesday 4 July 2017

Sprengisandur

I left Asbyrgi in rain and drove along the coast to Husavik. I've had a whale watching trip there couple of times. Now I just filled up the fridge. The mobicool has not been running much since the temperature has been under 10 degrees, in highlands it is close to 0 degrees Celsius.

From Husavik I drove to Godafoss, where I filled the tank and portal hubs. Two of them were almost dry. The one that has been leaking was ok and rear left hub was ok. So front left and rear right were running a very little oil. In Godafoss I had a meat pot for lunch for reasonable price after couple of 20€ hamburgers. The Mog draw some wannabe Mog vehicles around.
And the Godafoss of course

Then I took of for Sprengisandur road F26. It goes through Iceland in the middle from North to South(or Vice Verse)

First there is Aldeyarsfoss, where I flew the drone a little. I was forced to update DJI4 app and luckily there was data available for update. I could not avoid updating. Bad stuff from DJI.



Then there is another foss, don't remember the name. There was a bunch of photgraphers playing with their ND-filters and drones.



And then the desert...




Late in the evening I arrived at Nyidalur, where I spent the night. There waas a nice sunset so I flew the drone and grabbed some photos.




This is pretty much in the center of Iceland.

In the morning some more desert, until in the next evening I arrived Veidivatn. The road goes between couple of glaciers and is at about 800 meters so it can be very cold, especially with the wind.





No photos from the Veidivatn yet, but maybe soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment