Sunday 9 July 2017

Laki

From Kirkjubärlaustur I did a daytrip to Laki volcano, which has had a large eruption in 1783-1784. It caused coolin of the northern hemisphere. Basically the earth was open in a 25km long crack(so to speak).

Here are two 360 degree panos. First one shows the crack between Vatnajökull and Myrdalsjökull glaciers. There is a long series of craters. The second 360 pano shows the roundings of one of the biggest craters



There is one nice crater with a lake inside.


On the way back there was one nice waterfall.



And a nice gorge, which would have been better to see in the morning sun.




The Mog has been running ok. I have a bit too much pressure on tires, so it is a bit bumpy. The risk of puncture rises if the pressure goes low. Tire sides are exposed to rocks so I keep it as it is
Portal hubs are still running. I haven't checked oils now, because I drive crawling speeds.

Next to the surroundings of Katla alias Myrdalsjökull

No comments:

Post a Comment