Saturday 15 July 2017

Thorsmörk

Ok, this one I had tried to reach couple of times with bike. I had to return always back, because there was too deep and rocky fords for me. They were no obstacke for the Mog. I spent 3 days in camping there and made longer hikes at first and third day. The second day was raining o i made only short walk on top of a hill net to camping. Just about 300m up.

On a way to Thorsmörk from Alftavatn I visited Markafljotgljufur(or something) anyway a gorge in Markafljot river. The names propably have spelling errors all along.



I had to circulate up to the ring-road to get to the road going to Thorsmörk. But finally I was there.


And first walk was to a hill top close to Katla.








The second day was rainy.
And oin third day I walked close to Fimmvörduhalsi pass, but I turned back on a trail which run along some gorges in the area. The trail was a bit tricky on steep edge, but still not too scary.







There is a troll-church just in the opposite side of the camping
And in the last evening there was a fox-cub visiting the camping, but when I got the 70-200mm lens it was gone. Instead I got this lightshow....





Ok good thing is that Thorsmörk is now visited. Bad thing is now that what next ? Other green mountains don't look the same anymore.

Today the exhaust disconnectd one clamp and I got stage 1 tuning a while. First I thought the tube was cracked, because I was driving a road with hard oscillations(don't know the correct term, but the dips that very soft tires leave on gravel.) When I check it more closely I noticed the disconnected clamp and hammered it back. All bolts were rusted stuck, so proper fix has to wait.

Also I passed today the smart battery isolator, because it did not connect the charging voltage and I still have low charge in winch batteries. I hope after tomorrows drive they have got some charge in.

For a change I had a proper lunch in Volsvollur service station. Soup, bread, meat, potatoes vegetables, salad and stuff plus coffee. For about 21€, which is less than the most expensive small hamburgers here...

I got a drone footage video teaser ready but loading has to wait for better connections. The video in this text uploaded about an hour and a half. Also my mobile internet can't take many os such files.

No comments:

Post a Comment