Monday 17 July 2017

Snäfellsnäs

Snäfellsnäs is a peninsula with a Snäfellsjökull at the end. Under the glacier is another volcano. Actually the whole peninsula is a volcanic and there is crater all the way. There is some nice lava formations besides the sea.






And the Snäfellsjökull itself
There was a narrow gorge that I had taken some photos earlier. Now I had the tripod with me, so I took some HDR photos from multiple exposures. Here are single shot photos


And some HDR from multiple photos combined



One nice waterfall
Entrance to a beach
And the Kirkjufell, which is famous within photographers. I guess there is quite many photos of this mountain.


I planned to have camping in the village near Kirkjufell, but there was no shower so I continued driving. On the other side of the fjord is another camping and I went there... no whower here either, but I decided to stay anyway.

I thought the winch batteries would have been charged now but no, they are still almost empty. Now I'm hanging around in another camping and charging batteries with a 220V charger. It gives all it can like 10A and every now and then stops, because of overheating I guess.
Also the charging voltage of driving batteries was not high enough, so I'll charge them too overnight.

I also filled portal hubs and there was again two of them with pretty low level. So I'd say there must be some solution to this if the Mog is going to be a expedition vehicle. Maybe another version of axles or some ventilation system for the hubs. Now the total kilometers is about 3000, so you have to fill every 1000km or less. The oil travels to differential, so basically the excess should be drained out from there. Too much of a hassle for a traveling vehicle. Lets just hope I'll get back home with these hubs.


Just got the Mavic clips uploaded. I think this will be the last video uploaded from the road. Or maybe some short ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment