Wednesday 22 February 2017

First Dip

Now that I had the Mog on road, I ordered an electric winch from Finnish winch shop. I waited for it a long time.... Long enough to dip the Mog.

Yep, that does not look bad, but the front is on nothing and rear is on ice. I though I waas driving a hard forestial road, which I had been driving may times. The thing is that I haven't been there in summer, so I did not know that there was a swamp/source in the middle of the road. It was drivable only in winter when it is frozen. Yep and it was a bit frozen, there was about 10cm ice cover and nothing but wet swamp under. I just drove it there, it was a bit warning before it dropped through ice and there it stayed. The bottom shield was against ice and front wheels were like floating in air and rear wheels were on ice without weight on top.
I got a 7 ton Valtra to get it out. And yep it was not stuck at all when we pulled it out. Valtra just draw the Mog against the edges of the dip and I had 4wd on so it raised on the road by itself. But without the pull, there was no way it could have come out there by itself.

So then I decided to get the winch. I canceled the Finnish supplier order after about 5 months of waiting. I contacted Electric Winch shop in UK and after 1 week I had the winch in my home. The choise was a 8ton Talon winch with 27m cable + 30m extra rope + 16 ton pulley. Next thing is to get the winch attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment