Wednesday 22 February 2017

The Registration

Now the Mog was at home and I used the Transit plates until the plates expired. After a while I contacted Inspection officer and asked what is the process for registration. I took some pictures of the COC papers and the Mog itself and sent them to officer. THen hw told me that otherwise it should be pretty clear, but there should be a certification of the bed attachment strength, the bed cargo attachment point strength and a bed cabin protection strength.

Oops,so what this will actually mean, ther was no cabin protection on the bed. After digging the issue for some time, it turned out that I can build the cabin protection by myself and get the certificat for bed strengthness from an expert, who will be around during the registration inspection. I first had a session with the expert and he gave me instructions ofthe material to use for the cabin protection and how to build it. So I got the material 40x40mm tub, which I crossed as 5 vertical bars and 3 horizontal bars, welded them together. Finally I welded a metal net over the whole thing, which stops any sharp objects try to intrude the cabin.


No cabin protection here
Tubular protection with metal net

So that was it and then I ordered time for inspection. The officer was almost trying to buy the Mog from me and everything went fine. The plate number was a bit special TZY-999, which came as a bonus on top.
registered
I did not have any collected bonusees fortraffic insurance and the insurance price was a bit high for my taste, so I dicided to keep the Mog as "withdrawn from circulation" as much as possible so I don't have to pay insurance or taxes(tax on motive) for those days. (don't know the exact english translation for these legal terms)

No comments:

Post a Comment