Tuesday 14 February 2017

WTF is this ?

I think the idea was born back at 1997. I had my first visit to Iceland and there was some expedition trucks onboard as there always is. The very first sight I recall is of a white Unimog U1300L Ambulance rolling in Seydisfjordur. It had German registration and it was full of enduro bikes and bikers.

I also remember when leaving Iceland first time I though that I'll propably never come back here again. When I was leaving it second time I though ok this propably was not the last time I'll be there.

Now looking forward at the visit number 5, I have seen quite a few off-road capable vehicles. Most of them in Iceland and here you can see some samples of them.
Highland Trucks

Expensive


Highland Bus




Highland Bus

CZ version

Highland Truck

ReBuilt

Holiday appartment

Money talks



This looks interesting


Budget luxyry

Highland Truck

4x4 MAN

U1300L Unimog ambulance

8x8 MAN

Highland Trucks


Looks expensive. During the nomadic tour I met couple of truck drivers in Turkey. They were on the way to far east, Mongolia etc. I learned that if you buy a used truck and build it yourself, it can be affordable or at least there is some control how much the vehicle will cost. So this made me thinking...

Then a lot of browsing in mobile.de and other European car selling sites. There is a lot of used military Unimogs in Germany, Belgium and Holland. The price range was quite big. There is brand new ready built Unimog expedition vehicles for 200 0000€ downto basic used military models for 8000€. At 2015 I checked couple of places to visit during holiday trip and see couple of trucks with my own eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment